Saturday, December 01, 2007

The ultimate accolade?

While Julie and Nic were busy considering the necessity of publishing their poems, I've received news that those very nice people over at the Shit Creek Review have rejected my submissions for their forthcoming tome on traveling.

This is a proud achievement. I can now say that even the Shit Creek Review rejected my work!

I'm certain that the forthcoming issue will be a grand affair, and I congratulate all those poor folk who have had to suffer the indignity of having their work accepted. To them, I can only say: try harder next time.

Oh yes, the work that helped me gain this ultimate accolade? Two poems called Commuting and Traveller, and my short story published on this here very blog - Ice Cream in Havana. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. People pay BIG money to have work rejected by Shit Creek Review!

    ReplyDelete