Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ákat - as constructed by logoscript

This is an Ákat sentence, as rendered in the Ákat logographic script:



Want to know what it means?

Well, over the past few months I've been conducting an occasional teach-in on this very question over at the Scriptorium website, and tonight I've made the post that completes the exercise. Of course, the thread isn't finished - the above example is fairly simple. Next up, we'll be tackling this little bugger:



And people though Hallowe'en was scary stuff!


People occasionally ask me why I bother to conlang - invent my own languages. My response is simple: it's art. In fact, I think conlanging is where a person can really come to terms with the English language: who needs the Avant Garde poetics'n'stuff when you've got conlanging, huh?

It's ART! Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment