Wednesday, February 20, 2008

NaNoFiPoMo

I've given myself until the end of the month to finish the first draft of my novel and to revise/polish it. This is not as difficult as it may seem as I've already revised the existing text as part of an exercise to work out what sort of ending I ought to be writing. And writing another 5-10,000 words in 10 days shouldn't be a problem to a NaNoWriMo veteran such as me.

As an incentive, I've been researching UK literary agents. I now have a little list of 12 agencies divided into A, B and C groups who will be receiving my representation submissions (begging letters? Nah! I have confidence in my writting skillz) in the week after Easter, mid-June and mid-September respectively. No plans to send to publishers - that can come in December

But before sending the novel out into the wild, I ought to get me some of them beta readers, just to check that the manuscript is really as brilliant as I currently think it is. Volunteers may apply for the post in the comments below.

(oh, yeah: National Novel Finish and Polish Month)

No comments:

Post a Comment