Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rainbow Rik

That Reb Livingston casually included a link to Pamela Oslie's Auracolors website, where you can take an online multiple choice quiz to discover the colours of your aura, and in particular your life colours.

Kay, I'm a sucker for a good psychological or psychic profile test. Just the other day I found myself on the Belbin website paying for a personal report! Which would suggest that my personal life colour should be "sucker", but there you go.

Anyways, I took the aura test. Turns out that my life colour (by a big margin) is crystal, with a variety of tans and a streak of orange battling on the fringes. To summarise Ms Pamela's summary of what crystal-types are:

Crystals have clear auras and are known as the "aura chameleons" - their auras change to match those of the people they are connecting with at the time, taking on the characteristics, behavior patterns, emotions and thoughts of that color. This makes them likeable to many people, but also confusing ... Crystals can be a clear conduit or channel for healing energy. Being natural healers, the Crystals' gift is to help their clients clear blockages, thereby enabling the clients' own natural healing processes to take place ... Crystals do not always understand their healing abilities. It can often frighten and confuse them or cause them to feel overwhelmed. These rare souls are often physically fragile and delicate.


My high ranging tans (logical, sensitive and environmental, with abstract lagging down the list) apparently provide me with good connections between my mental, physical and emotional spheres. Which is fine, I suppose: what's the point of having healing powers if your own connections are all clugged with crap?

The appearance of orange amid all those tans was a bit of a puzzler. I certainly don't see myself as a "thrill-seeker and daredevil of the aura spectrum". But when I sit down and think about it, there is a certain part of my life where that is exactly what I am - I'll leave it to your imaginations to, well, imagine the circumstances where I get a bit of a thrill-risk on ...

Is this any more accurate that the Belbin test I paid for, or my consistent INTJ ranking on Myers-Briggs thingy? Well, I'm not yet convinced that those psychological evaluations have a solid foundation in science - I sometimes wonder if the bods will ever come up with a scientifically rigorous methodology for evaluating personality - so what the heck. I must have healing hands!

Which is a wierd bugger, because I've been to see two psychics in my life, and both of them have told me - unequivocally - that my life's work is to do with healing. Is my aura really that obvious? And if yes, has anyone got a healing manual they could lend us?

No comments:

Post a Comment