Saturday, February 07, 2009

Olympus

As you both may have noticed, one of my ongoing projects is to write some poems about the forthcoming Olympic Games, to be held in London in 2012. Why? Well, I live less than a mile away from where the stadium is being built - which in my view gives me a perfect right to consider myself a very unofficial poet-not-quite-in-residence-but-just-on-the-borders-if-you-know-what-I-mean for the whole shebang.

I'm sure there will be officially appointed poets along in due course, but until someone sues me here's some links to some of the poems that are competing for the glory of appearing in my forthcoming chapbook (due sometime in 2012, provisionally titled Olympus, because the organising committee seem to be a bit on the sharp side when it comes to trademarks and stuff):

Joke News
Trafalgar Week
To the Victors, the Spoils
Building for the Future
Workout
Flame
Demolish Dig Design

Progress with this project over the next four years can be followed on Rik's homely little poetry workshack on the Rikverse website.

No comments:

Post a Comment