Thursday, August 17, 2006

Shameless self-promotion

I finally succumbed to temptation and started advertising The RikVerse on this blog. "Why hide it?" I thought. It's not as if I'm ashamed of it or something. I've also added in direct links to the 2 pdf chapbooks which make up a substantial portion of the publication - just for the cheapskates.

Which got me thinking about future projects. Given my recent arterial flow of productivity I wondered if there was a possibility of a new pdf production. Well, there is and there isn't. After reviewing what's on the stocks, it seems like I'm actually working on 6 (six) separate poetry projects, two of which are around 70% done, a third that's pretty much half-way there, the dratted long poem due to finish sometime before 2010 and a couple of others that are just out of the starting blocks.

The two that are sprinting away are currently listed in my head under the name of "Lovers" and "Others". Alongside two of the less developed projects (inventively titled "Politic" and "Olympic") they could eventually end up as part of a new lulu.com book. I'll have to come up with better names for the project and the book, of course, but it never hurts to dream a little, does it.

Does it?

1 comment:

  1. Be shameless, Rik...

    And to anyone who is reading this and who hasn't bought Rik's book - it's excellent!

    ReplyDelete