Saturday, October 28, 2006

Is the Periscope worth it?

The trouble with computer magazines is that they come with DVDs full of exciting programs which idiots like me feel compelled to try out. I tried updating my operating system from the 2006 version of Linux Mandriva to the 2007 version, with the inevitable consequences. Everybody form a circle around Rik, point a finger at him and start laughing ...

In other news, in a fit of absent-mindedness I wrote a sevenling and entered it into the pffa annual poetry contest just before dashing off to Cuba. To my surprise (because I'm not enamoured of the form) my poem got selected as a finalist. Now I get the pleasure of writing another one of the pesky things to a deadline - should have read the rules of the competition before entering it! Oh, well ...

Anyways, the Poetry Periscope which I host on my website. Nobody's bothered to add their poetry webpage or blog to the listings for coming up to a year now. I'm wondering whether it's worth continuing with the project. If I hear no shouts from folks about keeping it up then I'll probably discontinue it at the end of the year. I mean, there's plenty of other stuff I could be putting up on my website in its place - like nekkid photos of me in "artistic" poses ...

No comments:

Post a Comment