Friday, June 24, 2011

Webbiegrrl's Writings

Some people are not content to just sit back and expect the world to discover their work. Some people go out and actively promote themselves.

I am not one of those people ... which is entirely my fault.

Some people go even further. Not only do they promote their own work, they also promote the work of other people. They offer up advice on marketing and promotion. They share tips and tricks with other writers. They go the extra mile to help other independently published authors. They do this without asking for payment, or favours.

Such people shame me, make me realise just how self-centred I can be.

One such person is Sarah, the Webbiegrrl Writer. She is tireless in her efforts for others. Even for wastrels like me. Here's her blog, if either of you don't believe me. Add it to your bookmarks: you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Rik, you are WAY too sweet. Thank you for the kind words. I'm actually NOT as altruistic as you make me sound. By featuring your work, I get "free content" for my blog and your hard work and art actually help to enrich my blog. Or that's how I see it.

    Anyone reading this who has a book and wants it featured on my blog, just submit it to the comment thread on this Freebie Friday Submissions post and of course, click to follow the blog or rate it on Blogged (yeah, I'm trying to up my rating too!)

    ReplyDelete