Friday, September 14, 2007

Ofishull: i am an writter

Or so claims the piece of paper I got from the Open University today telling me that I have passed the OU novel writing short course I completed over the summer.

Although I think the word "pass" is a bit meagre. I got well over 80% on both my marked submissions and you only need 40% to pass the course. Maybe if the piece of paper had said "double pass" or "pass plus quite a bit extra" I'd be happier. Though I am happy, of course!

The good news is that I'm going to be posting some more stories over the next few days. The bad news? How can there be bad news? I'm going to be posting some more stories to the blog over the next few days. This is a "no bad news" scenario. You will both enjoy reading my blog over the next few days.

The even better news is that I've passed the 40,000 word mark on my novel. I'm aiming for around 100k - it's science fiction, where the current trend seems to be to consider anything less than 120k as a bit, well, anorexic. But it's got sex and intrigue and burning women and did I mention the sex yet so I'm hoping I'll be forgiven the missing words when it comes round to submitting the novel to agents etc - which should be sometime in the new year if I can keep the pace up.

No comments:

Post a Comment