Wednesday, March 11, 2009

There's a meme going round ...

... that Scavella listed me for. Something about 25 writers who have influenced you.

Ack! What the heck. Get your laughy-pointy fingers ready, because here goes nothing:

Douglas Adams
Richard Adams
Isaac Asimov
Margaret Atwood
Mother Goose authors
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Arthur C Clarke
S. T. Coleridge
Roald Dahl
Stephen Donaldson
T. S. Eliot
Kenneth Grahame
Ursula K. Le Guin
Robert A. Heinlein
Ernest Hemingway
Aldous Huxley
Julian May
A. A. Milne
George Orwell
Wilfred Owen
Terry Pratchett
Arthur Ransome
Kim Stanley Robinson
J. R. R. Tolkein
Jules Verne
H. G. Wells
Roger Zelazny

Why these ones? They're my comfort authors - authors of the books I'm most likely to reach for when comforting is required.

Yes, even Mother Goose.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, Rik? I thought about Mother Goose myself. First poetry I was exposed to after all. But then I couldn't justify not including A. A. Milne & "Buckingham Palace" as well, and I didn't have room ...

    Scavella

    ReplyDelete