Monday, March 23, 2009

This:Poem relaunched - with extra slices!

This:Poem was a project I spent ages on last summer and autumn - it's one of those display a different poem a day on a website websites, though I was hoping to make This:Poem better than the opposition by adding little snippets of bonus information about the poet, the poem, or something mentioned in the poem alongside it. Plus it looked better. Oh, and I designed a Windows Vista Sidebar gadget to go with the website because I was interested in learning about sidebar gadgets and stuff.

Anyways, the wheels fell off the whole thing early last October, when I arrived back off my holidays to find out my brother had just died. In the ensuing mania and depressive bouts, This:Poem was neglected, and went into hibernation.

But now spring is here, NaPoWriMo 2009 is just around the corner, and Microsoft are in the process of rolling out their latest shiny'n'bright web browser - Internet Explorer 8.

And this latest browser comes with added pie - well, slices - okay, it comes with something called web slices. Are they whizzy enough to catch on? I haven't got a clue. All I do know is that This:Poem will be more than happy to serve up a slice of itself to anyone who asks. Just click the little blue button that appears when your mouse is over the poem and follow the instructions.

Here's hoping the wheels stay on the enterprise a little longer this time round ...

No comments:

Post a Comment